These guidelines facilitate the uniform assessment of Floating (Production) Storage and Offloading (F(P)SO) facilities. They provide a robust method for assessing the marine aspects of F(P)SO operations against international legislation and recognized industry best practices and are designed to supplement other internal assessments conducted as part of a company’s auditing process.
This publication provides a basic framework for assessment. Although the red areas in figure 1. are excluded from the publication, its scope includes marine interfaces and relationships with the areas such as those with topsides production, turret mooring, subsea systems, hydrocarbon offtake systems, pilots, support craft operators, and local authorities. The guidelines are comprised of an assessment questionnaire grouped into 12 sections, each covering a different aspect of FPSO activities. Four appendices provide examples of documentation that can be used to support the assessment process:
Appendix A is an F(P)SO particulars questionnaire to be completed by the F(P)SO. This information should be completed in as much detail as possible and forwarded to the assessor before the assessment visit.
Appendix B is a list of certificates to be completed by the F(P)SO and forwarded to the assessor before the assessment visit.
Appendix C is an example scorecard that provides a concise summary of the assessment results and findings, together with the F(P)SO’s response.
Appendix D is a template that assessors can use to prepare for opening and closing meetings with the offshore F(P)SO management.
The guidelines complement other publications listed in the bibliography, such as:
- International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals (ISGOTT) (OCIMF).
- Guidelines for Offshore Tanker Operations (OCIMF).
- Cargo Guidelines for F(P)SOs (OCIMF).
- Competence Assurance Guidelines for F(P)SOs (OCIMF).
- Competence Assurance Guidelines for Mooring, Loading, and Lightering Masters (OCIMF).
- Guidelines for Offshore Marine Operations (G-OMO) (Assorted industry bodies).
- Single Point Mooring Maintenance and Operations Guide (SMOG) (OCIMF).
- Safe Transfer of Liquefied Gas in an Offshore Environment (STOLGOE) (OCIMF).
- Dynamic Positioning Assurance Framework (OCIMF).
The Guidelines on the marine assessment of F(P)SOs Contents
- Regulatory compliance
- Personnel and contractor management
- Safety management
- Pollution prevention and environmental management
- F(P)SO marine operations
- Topsides–marine interfaces
- Asset integrity, reliability, and maintenance
- F(P)SO marine terminal services
- Offtake operation management
- Dynamic Positioning and active heading control
- Navigation and propulsion on disconnectable F(P)SOs
- Operations in ice
- Appendix A: F(P)SO particulars questionnaire
- Appendix B: Certificates
- Appendix C: Example scorecard
- Appendix D: Record of opening/closing meeting
- Using the assessment questionnaire
Download the Guideline
- E-Books: Changing the Workplace Safety Culture free download
- E-Books: Site Emergency Planning Workbook
- E-Books: Load Restraint Guide
- E-Books: Essential Practices for Creating, Strengthening, and Sustaining Process Safety Culture
- E-Books: System Safety Engineering and Risk Assessment
- E-Books: Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- E-Books: Is it Safe to Enter Confined Space?
- E-Books: 5-Minute Workplace Safety Talks
- E-Books: Safety Culture and High-Risk Environments
- E-Books: Practical Guide to Industrial Safety
- E-Books: Slip, Trip, and Fall Prevention for Healthcare Workers
- E-Books: Health and Safety at Work Key Terms
- E-Books: Fundamentals of Process Safety Engineering
- E-Books: Gas Detection Hand Book
- E-Books: Occupational health and safety management systems ANSI-AIHA-z10-2012
- E-Books: Hot Work on Drums and Tanks
- E-Books: Human Fatigue Risk Management
- E-Books: Guidelines for the provision of facilities and general safety in the construction industry
- E-Books: Handbook of Training in Mine Rescue and Recovery Operations ( 2021)
- E-Books: Code of Practice for the Safe Use of Lifting Equipment – Edition 9 (Nov 2019)
- E-Books: Free Forklift Health and Safety Best Practices Guideline
- E-Books: Handbook of Hazardous Chemical Properties
- E-Books: Human Performance Improvement through Human Error Prevention
- E-Books: Principles Of Fire Risk Assessment In Buildings
- E-Books: Investigation of Occupational Accidents and Diseases
- E-Books: Radiation Protection and Safety in Industrial Radiography
- E-Books: Basic Guide to System Safety, Third Edition
- E-Books: Food Safety Management-A Practical Guide for the Food Industry
- E-Books: Safety identification: Escape and evacuation plan signs- ISO 23601
- E-Books: Safety at Work
- E-Books: The Safety-Critical Systems Handbook 4th edition
- E-Books: Fundamental principles of occupational health and safety
- E-Books: Fire Safety Risk assessment Guide – Sleeping Accommodation
- E-Books: Mental health at work series
- E-Books: Live Fire Training: Principles and Practice
- E-Books: Pre-Startup Safety Review Guide
- E-Books: Fire and Emergency Drill Manual and Building Inspection Guide
- E-Books: Health and Safety: Risk Management 5th edition
- E-Books: Fire Protection systems -Third edition 2021
- E-Books: Fire Safety Logbook templates
- E-Books: From Accidents to Zero
- E-Books: Electric Safety Practice and Standards
- Your steps to chemical safety
- E-Books: Ergonomics and Psychology Developments in Theory and Practice
- E-Books: HAZOPS Should BE fun-The Stream-Based HAZOP
- E-Books: Safety Health and Environmental Auditing
- E-Books: A Quick Guide to Health and Safety
- E-Books: Occupational Ergonomics A Practical Approach
- E-Books: Job Hazard Analysis A Guide for Voluntary Compliance and Beyond
- E-Books: Electrical Safety of Low Voltage Systems
- E-Books: Your Guide to A Healthy Heart
- E-Books: Fall Prevention and Protection Principles Guidelines and practices
- E-Books: Topics in Safety, Risk, Reliability, and Quality
- E-Books: Occupational Safety and Health Fundamental Principles and Philosophies
- E-Books: Risk Assessment A Practical Guide to Assessing Operational Risks
- E-Books: Electrical Safety Code Manual