These guidelines facilitate the uniform assessment of Floating (Production) Storage and Offloading (F(P)SO) facilities. They provide a robust method for assessing the marine aspects of F(P)SO operations against international legislation and recognized industry best practices and are designed to supplement other internal assessments conducted as part of a company’s auditing process.
This publication provides a basic framework for assessment. Although the red areas in figure 1. are excluded from the publication, its scope includes marine interfaces and relationships with the areas such as those with topsides production, turret mooring, subsea systems, hydrocarbon offtake systems, pilots, support craft operators, and local authorities. The guidelines are comprised of an assessment questionnaire grouped into 12 sections, each covering a different aspect of FPSO activities. Four appendices provide examples of documentation that can be used to support the assessment process:
Appendix A is an F(P)SO particulars questionnaire to be completed by the F(P)SO. This information should be completed in as much detail as possible and forwarded to the assessor before the assessment visit.
Appendix B is a list of certificates to be completed by the F(P)SO and forwarded to the assessor before the assessment visit.
Appendix C is an example scorecard that provides a concise summary of the assessment results and findings, together with the F(P)SO’s response.
Appendix D is a template that assessors can use to prepare for opening and closing meetings with the offshore F(P)SO management.
The guidelines complement other publications listed in the bibliography, such as:
- International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals (ISGOTT) (OCIMF).
- Guidelines for Offshore Tanker Operations (OCIMF).
- Cargo Guidelines for F(P)SOs (OCIMF).
- Competence Assurance Guidelines for F(P)SOs (OCIMF).
- Competence Assurance Guidelines for Mooring, Loading, and Lightering Masters (OCIMF).
- Guidelines for Offshore Marine Operations (G-OMO) (Assorted industry bodies).
- Single Point Mooring Maintenance and Operations Guide (SMOG) (OCIMF).
- Safe Transfer of Liquefied Gas in an Offshore Environment (STOLGOE) (OCIMF).
- Dynamic Positioning Assurance Framework (OCIMF).
The Guidelines on the marine assessment of F(P)SOs Contents
- Regulatory compliance
- Personnel and contractor management
- Safety management
- Pollution prevention and environmental management
- F(P)SO marine operations
- Topsides–marine interfaces
- Asset integrity, reliability, and maintenance
- F(P)SO marine terminal services
- Offtake operation management
- Dynamic Positioning and active heading control
- Navigation and propulsion on disconnectable F(P)SOs
- Operations in ice
- Appendix A: F(P)SO particulars questionnaire
- Appendix B: Certificates
- Appendix C: Example scorecard
- Appendix D: Record of opening/closing meeting
- Using the assessment questionnaire
Download the Guideline
- E-Books: Electrical Safety of Low Voltage Systems
- E-Books: Your Guide to A Healthy Heart
- E-Books: Fall Prevention and Protection Principles Guidelines and practices
- E-Books: Topics in Safety, Risk, Reliability, and Quality
- E-Books: Occupational Safety and Health Fundamental Principles and Philosophies
- E-Books: Risk Assessment A Practical Guide to Assessing Operational Risks
- E-Books: Electrical Safety Code Manual
- E-Books: Career Guide to the Safety Profession
- E-Books: Introduction to Process Safety for Undergraduates and Engineers
- E-Books: Occupational Safety and Health Simplified for the Chemical Industry
- E-Books: Simultaneous Operations SIMOPS Training Material
- E-Books: HAZOP-Guide to Best Practice Third Edition
- E-Books: Health, Safety, and Environmental Management in Offshore and Petroleum Engineering
- E-Books: A Handbook of Industrial Ecology
- E-Books: Introduction to International Health and Safety at Work
- E-Books: Fire Safety Equipment Guidelines
- E-Books: Occupational health and safety management General guidelines for safe working during the COVID-19 pandemic
- E-Books: Biological Risk Engineering Handbook Infection Control and Decontamination
- E-Books: Accident Incident Prevention Techniques 2nd Edition
- E-Books: Handbook of Petrochemical Processes
- E-Books: Safety With Machinery
- E-Books: Fire Protection Engineering in Building Design
- E-Books: Environmental management in oil and gas exploration and production
- E-Books: Guidelines on the marine assessment of F(P)SOs
- E-Books: Hoisting and Rigging Safety Manual
- E-Books: Fire Engineering and Emergency Planning
- E-Books: The Health and Safety Handbook
- E-Books: Environmental Health and Hazard Risk Assessment principles and calculations
- E-Books: Safety and Health for Engineers
- E-Books: Practical Guide To Electrical Grounding
- E-Books: A Guide to Fire Safety Engineering
- E-Books: IOSH A Healthy Return
- E-Books: Fire Alarm Systems A Reference Manual
- E-Books: Fire Safety Management Handbook 3rd edition
- E-Books: Dictionary of Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health
- E-Books: Health and Safety Pocket Book
- E-Books: Managing Health and Safety Learning made simple
- E-Books: Book of Questions and Answers Safety Health
- E-Books: Fire Risk and safety law and its practical application
- E-Books: A to Z Health and Safety Book
- E-Books: Industrial Safety Management
- E-Books: NIOSH Pocket guide to chemical hazards
- E-Books: Occupational Safety and Health Law Handbook
- E-Books: Industrial Hygiene Simplified
- E-Books: Managing your shiftwork
- E-Books: Learning from Accidents
- E-Books: A Practical Guide to Fire Alarm Systems
- E-Books: The Essential Manager’s Handbook
- E-Books: Handbook of Rigging Lifting, Hoisting, and Scaffolding for Construction and Industrial Operations
- E-Books: Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls Improving Food Safety in Human Food Manufacturing for Food Businesses
- E-Books: COVID-19 Information and Risk Assessment
- E-Books: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- E-Books:Introduction to Environmental Management
- E-Books:The Fire Prevention Handbook for Home safety
- E-Books:Electrical Safety in the Construction Industry
- E-Books:SLIPS, TRIPS AND FALLS: ADVANCING YOUR SAFETY PROGRAM