Designated Training Topics. The 30-hour General Industry Course is intended to provide a variety of training to workers with some safety responsibilities. Training should emphasize hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention, as well as OSHA standards. Instructional time must be a minimum of 30 hours. The topic requirements are as follows:
- Mandatory: 13 hours
- Introduction to OSHA: 2 Hours See 10-hour section for additional information.
- Managing Safety and Health – 2 hours. May include Injury and Illness Prevention Programs, job site inspections, accident prevention programs, management commitment and employee involvement, worksite analysis, hazard prevention and control, incident investigations, how to conduct safety meetings, and supervisory communication.
- Walking and Working Surfaces, including fall protection – 1 hour.
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection – 2 hours.
- Electrical – 2 hours.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – 1 hour.
- Materials Handling – 2 hours.
- Hazard Communication – 1 hour.
- Elective – 10 hours. Must present at least 10 hours of training on the following topics. At least 5 of the following topics must be presented. The minimum length of any topic is one-half hour.
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Spray Finishing, Compressed Gases, Dipping and Coating Operations)
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Lockout / Tagout
- Machine Guarding
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Fall Protection
- Safety and Health Programs
- Powered Industrial Vehicles
Optional – 7 hours. Teach other general industry hazards or policies and/or expand on the mandatory or elective topics. The minimum length of any topic is one-half hour.
For booking the course please contact us