It is recommended that your business have a policy in place related to Safe Driving. This should be reviewed and signed by anyone that might ever drive on company business including Office Staff, DO, Supervisors, Managers, Maintenance, etc.
Encouraging good driving is good business. Having a safe driving policy can protect your staff, and enhance your reputation, both within your own company and with your customers. A safe driving policy is easy to set up and can save you money.
Below is a sample policy to help you get started which covers both company owned vehicles and personal owned vehicles driven by employees.
Safe Driving Training Acknowledgement Form
Auto accidents are a problem that we have the potential of facing when driving for work related business. In order to keep our employee’s safe; we have the following policies to help reduce any harm to yourself and others.
Safe Driving Policy:
- I agree my vehicle will be properly maintained
- I agree to not drink alcohol, or illegal drugs, in any quantity, prior to driving, or while driving.
- I agree not to take any prescription drugs that may impair my ability to safely drive. • I agree to wear my seatbelt at all times, when I am driving. • I agree to not give rides to any passengers while driving.
- I will report any driving violations at first opportunity.
- I will ensure that my vehicle is properly insured, with insurance being kept up to date.
- I agree to report any accidents whether during personal driving time or during company business to my manager immediately. I will not admit fault, and I will get witness names, and contact information.
- I agree to follow all State and local laws and rules while driving
- I agree to never Text Message while in the car. Even if stopped at a light, I will not check text messages or send them
- I will never check (or send) Emails while in the car
- When driving, I will use caution and drive responsible at all times
- When driving, I will continuously look out for pedestrians
- When driving, I will not drive aggressive and will leave plenty of stopping distance in front of my vehicle
- When driving, I will not make any moves that may endanger anyone’s safety.
*** I understand when driving on restaurant business that all lives and property are more important than being on time.
Employee Name: ______________________________
Employee’s Signature: ______________________________ Date: ____________
Managers/Witness Signature: ______________________________ Date: ____________