Dress Code for Project Personnel is to ensure a consistent, professional, identifiable, and safe mode of dress in the work environment on the Work place and project execution.Here HSSE World will outline a safety tips with the Requirement of the Dress code at work projects
- All personnel shall as a minimum wear long sleeve shirts and full length trousers. Sleeveless shirts and tank tops or rolling up of sleeves are not permitted.
- Shirts and trousers shall be in good condition without tears and loose parts that might become caught in/on equipment.
- Shirt tails shall be tucked into trousers. Trousers shall not have cuffs.
Docs: Try a 468x15 or 336x280 advert.
Head / Face Coverings
- A hard hat or hair net as appropriate shall protect hair that could come into contact with or be caught in machinery. Hair shall be maintained so it is not longer than the base of the person’s neck.
- In order to establish a uniform identification of lead personnel at the worksite, Management / Supervisors / HSE Personnel must wear hard hats distinct in color from the rest of working personnel. Management, Supervisors, and Foremen shall wear either Gold or White hard hats. Safety personnel shall wear red hard hats.
- Face coverings of several makes such as bandanas, scarves, t-shirts, wide handkerchiefs, or other similar multi-colored contraptions used to cover the face shall not be allowed on the project.
Shoes / Foot Coverings
- Safety toed leather work shoes or boots shall be worn at all times.
- Footwear shall be in good condition, of the proper size, and shall be equipped with a clearly defined heel.
- Folding in of the back part of a shoe or boot so as to convert to a slip on shoe will not be permitted.
- Sandals, tennis shoes, or any other street type shoe, including “safety-toe” athletic type footwear will not be permitted.
- Rubber boots shall be provided to personnel who are exposed standing/working in wet work environments. Rubber boots shall afford the same protection as safety-toe footwear or shall fit over the persons safety-toe work shoe/boots.
- Loose fitting clothing shall not be worn around such things as moving machinery, grinding operations, etc.
- Metal jewelry, watches, etc shall not be worn by persons potentially exposed to electrically energized equipment, or by persons operating machinery and rotating equipment.