It is often difficult to know where to start when creating a pre-qualification program. This checklist will hopefully be of some help in determining the type of information you may want to collect and review. You should include each of the departments listed below for their input.
- Risk Management in determining which types of insurance coverage that will be required and the minimum level of coverage that would be acceptable.
- The Safety Department to quantify an acceptable safe work record, which is usually defined by the RIR (Recordable Incident Rate) and DART rate (days away / restricted or transfer). They may also want:
- To know if OSHA has cited the company and why.
- A deeper understanding of how seriously a contractor views safety by taking a deeper look at their safety programs including policies, procedures and training.
- Project Management will want to know what their capabilities are and their ability to deliver on a specific project.
- Finance will want project size, history, and perhaps financial information to make sure they have the financial capability to deliver.
- Legal wants to be sure that they have agreed to a general conditions agreement or contract that protects and indemnifies the company.
- Purchasing will want contact information as well as Tax IDs, type of business (corporation, LLC, etc.), contacts, remittance information.
Subcontractor HSE Management cycle
The Following cycle shall be considered during selection or biding of of Subcontractors to perform Construction Project:
- Prepare the description of work and Pre-qualification HSE questionnaire and risk Identification.
- Distribute and submitted to a lot of International & National EPC Contractors.
- Responded to HSE pre-qualification questionnaire and prepare a specific HSE plan for the project during a proposal phase
- Prepare shortlist and screening EPC contractors
- Review and assess Contractor response to Pre-qualification HSE questionnaire .
- Review a specific proposed HSE plan.
- Evaluate bidder according to responding to HSE requirements & awarding
- Enforce subcontractor to prepare HSE execution plan
- Conduct pre-mob audits for their documentation and workshops
- Conduct a kick-off meeting
- Conduct pre-execution audit
- HSE staff C.Vs submitted & interviewed for approval.
- Monitoring audit & inspection.
- Apply project HSE action plan
- Request de-mobilization HSE plan
7- Close out
- Final evaluation