Introduction to Process Safety for Undergraduates and Engineers by CCPS (Center for Chemical Process Safety). This book is intended to be used as reference material for either a stand-alone process safety course or as supplemental material for existing curricula. This book is not a technical book; rather, the intent of the material is to familiarize the student or an engineer new to process safety with The concept of process safety management (PSM), The 20 elements of process safety defined by the Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS), The need for process safety as illustrated by examples of major process safety incidents that have occurred, Process safety tasks for other engineering disciplines and Process safety concerns with some selected unit operations. The CCPS Technical Steering Committee initiated the creation of this book to assist colleges and universities in meeting this challenge and to aid Chemical Engineering programs in meeting recent accreditation requirements for including process safety into the chemical engineering curricula.
This book is intended to be used as reference material for either a stand-alone process safety course or as supplemental material for existing curricula. This book is not a technical book; rather, the intent of the material is to familiarize the student or an engineer new to process safety with:
- The concept of process safety management (PSM).
- The 20 elements of process safety defined by the Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS).
- The need for process safety is illustrated by examples of major process safety incidents that have occurred.
- Process safety tasks for other engineering disciplines.
- Process safety concerns with some selected unit operations.
- Show how various aspects of process safety have a direct tie-in to existing chemical engineering curricula.
- Describe the many tasks that can be expected of an engineer new to process safety with respect to process safety in their first few years on the job.
This primary audience for this publication is junior to graduate-level Chemical Engineering students and those entering the workforce and engineers new to process safety. However, since there are no technical pre-requisites recommended, it may also be used by other engineering disciplines at similar levels.
Process Safety – What Is It?
In the chemical, petrochemical, and most other industries, you will find that all companies are required to have an occupational safety program, with a focus on personal safety (this program may be required by regulations in many countries, states, and local areas. It can apply to workers in a manufacturing plant, a research laboratory or pilot plant, and even to office locations). That program is going to focus on personal safety. The focus of these programs is to prevent harm to workers from workplace accidents such as falls, cuts, sprains, and strains, being
The Contents of Introduction to Process Safety for Undergraduates and Engineers
- 1. Introduction and purpose of this book
- 2. Process Safety Basics
- 3. The Need for Process Safety
- Book of Questions and Answers Safety Health & Welfare
- 4. Process Safety for Engineering Disciplines
- 5. Process Safety in Design
- 6. Course Material
- NIOSH Pocket guide to chemical hazards
- 7. Process Safety in the Workplace
- 8. Safety Culture
Download the book
Introduction to Process Safety for Undergraduates and Engineers
- E-Books: Code of Practice for the Safe Use of Lifting Equipment – Edition 9 (Nov 2019)
- E-Books: Forklift Health and Safety Best Practices Guideline
- E-Books: Handbook of Hazardous Chemical Properties
- E-Books: Human Performance Improvement through Human Error Prevention
- E-Books: Principles Of Fire Risk Assessment In Buildings
- E-Books: Investigation of Occupational Accidents and Diseases
- E-Books: Radiation Protection and Safety in Industrial Radiography
- E-Books: Basic Guide to System Safety, Third Edition
- E-Books: Food Safety Management-A Practical Guide for the Food Industry
- E-Books: Safety identification: Escape and evacuation plan signs- ISO 23601
- E-Books: Safety at Work
- E-Books: The Safety-Critical Systems Handbook 4th edition
- E-Books: Fundamental principles of occupational health and safety
- E-Books: Fire Safety Risk assessment Guide – Sleeping Accommodation
- E-Books: Mental health at work series
- E-Books: Live Fire Training: Principles and Practice
- E-Books: Pre-Startup Safety Review Guide
- E-Books: Fire and Emergency Drill Manual and Building Inspection Guide
- E-Books: Health and Safety: Risk Management 5th edition
- E-Books: Fire Protection systems -Third edition 2021
- E-Books: Fire Safety Logbook templates
- E-Books: From Accidents to Zero
- E-Books: Electric Safety Practice and Standards
- Your steps to chemical safety
- E-Books: Ergonomics and Psychology Developments in Theory and Practice
- E-Books: HAZOPS Should BE fun-The Stream-Based HAZOP
- E-Books: Safety Health and Environmental Auditing
- E-Books: A Quick Guide to Health and Safety
- E-Books: Occupational Ergonomics A Practical Approach
- E-Books: Job Hazard Analysis A Guide for Voluntary Compliance and Beyond
- E-Books: Electrical Safety of Low Voltage Systems
- E-Books: Your Guide to A Healthy Heart
- E-Books: Fall Prevention and Protection Principles Guidelines and practices
- E-Books: Topics in Safety, Risk, Reliability, and Quality
- E-Books: Occupational Safety and Health Fundamental Principles and Philosophies
- E-Books: Risk Assessment A Practical Guide to Assessing Operational Risks
- E-Books: Electrical Safety Code Manual
- E-Books: Career Guide to the Safety Profession
- E-Books: Introduction to Process Safety for Undergraduates and Engineers
- E-Books: Occupational Safety and Health Simplified for the Chemical Industry
- E-Books: Simultaneous Operations SIMOPS Training Material
- E-Books: HAZOP-Guide to Best Practice Third Edition
- E-Books: Health, Safety, and Environmental Management in Offshore and Petroleum Engineering
- E-Books: A Handbook of Industrial Ecology
- E-Books: Introduction to International Health and Safety at Work
- E-Books: Fire Safety Equipment Guidelines
- E-Books: Occupational health and safety management General guidelines for safe working during the COVID-19 pandemic
- E-Books: Biological Risk Engineering Handbook Infection Control and Decontamination
- E-Books: Accident Incident Prevention Techniques 2nd Edition
- E-Books: Handbook of Petrochemical Processes
- E-Books: Safety With Machinery
- E-Books: Fire Protection Engineering in Building Design
- E-Books: Environmental management in oil and gas exploration and production
- E-Books: Guidelines on the marine assessment of F(P)SOs
- E-Books: Hoisting and Rigging Safety Manual
- E-Books: Fire Engineering and Emergency Planning