“LiftRight℠ from EMC Insurance Companies makes it easier than ever to use the NIOSH Lifting Equation to analyze the safety of lifting tasks. Just enter your lift data and let LiftRight perform the calculations for you.
llustrated measurement guide helps you measure accurately
Calculates multipliers, recommended weight limit (RWL) and lifting index (LI)
Provides recommendations to help you improve the safety of the lift
Saves completed lifts to revisit later
Includes option to attach notes or photos for more complete lift information
Allows measurements to be entered in English units or metric units
LiftRight was designed to help you use the NIOSH Lifting Equation anytime, anywhere. It works best if you already have working knowledge of how the equation works and how to use the results.
- cost is free
- no registration or sign in required
- uses the latest version of the NIOSH Lifting Equation
- excellent illustrations & measurement guide
- can add photos of the job being analyzed
- can save and even email completed evaluations
- English and metric units offered
- can be used off-line
- Android version coming soon
- The short and very basic instructions included with this app are adequate for an ergonomist who has previously used the NIOSH Lifting Formula. But without more detailed instructions, someone new to the NIOSH Lifting Formula would probably need to read the lengthy “Applications Manual for the Revised NIOSH Lifting Equation” before using this app.
- iPad – ♥♥♥♥♥
- Android – ♥♥♥♥♥